Registration opens March 15, at 9:30 a.m. for the following:
- Zoo Member Camp Programs (Camp Joey, Camp KangaZoo, Teen Camp, Specialty Camps)
- Zoo Member Career Programs (A Day with the Rays, Advanced Day with the Rays)
- Zoo Member Career Programs (Engineer-for-a-Day)
- Zoo Member Family Overnights
Registration opens on March 16, at 1 p.m. for the following:
- General Public Camp Programs (Camp Joey, Camp KangaZoo, Teen Camp, Specialty Camps)
- General Public Career Programs (A Day with the Rays, Advanced Day with the Rays)
- General Public Career Programs (Engineer-for-a-Day)
- General Public Family Overnights
Medication Authorization Policy
For parents/adults registered to attend in-person programs with their child: If your child needs to take medication during any in-person Zoo program, you are responsible for carrying the medication and monitoring your child’s needs.
For parents of youth attending programs unaccompanied by an adult: If your child needs to take medication during Zoo program hours (including insulin or an insulin pump), you must complete the Zoo’s medication authorization form. Emergency rescue medicine including an Epi-Pen or other epinephrine auto-injector require completing the FARE - Food Allergy and Anaphylaxis Emergency Care Plan. Complete medication information is required before your child attends their Zoo program.
While we are excited to host in-person summer camps and programs again this year, our spaces are still limited. To help expedite the registration process, please review this information and the complete list of Programs for Individuals and Groups prior to starting online registration. Please note that program availability listed on our website is subject to change. Processing fees will apply for duplicate registrations, cancellations or transfers.
- Advance registration is required for all programs. Registrations close two weeks prior to the program date or when the program is sold out.
- Zoo Members receive a discount on program fees. If you would like to join or renew your membership, please visit Membership or call (314) 646-4771, option #2 for more information. Fax, e-mail and phone registrations are not accepted.
- Participants must be the appropriate age or grade level for the program and can only register for one session of each camp topic or program title.
- Participants may not make up or receive a refund for missed programs. No exceptions will be made.
- We reserve the right to cancel programs due to low enrollment or extenuating circumstances. Full refunds will be issued.
Contact Us: If you have any have questions, please call us at (314) 646-4544, #6 from 9 a.m. - 3 p.m. Monday - Friday, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Children under the age of 14 years must be accompanied by an adult at the Zoo. All program participants will be accompanied by Zoo staff and/or Zoo volunteers during their program.
Additional Registration Information
Full payment is required at the time of registration.
Online registration requires a credit card payment. See links above.
Please email email@example.com for the appropriate registration form(s) if paying by check or Saint Louis Zoo gift card.
Whether you choose mail-in or online registrations, you can register:
- Immediate family members residing in the same household (spouse and children).
- Grandchildren (as general public registration or as part of your membership if you have a Grandparent Zoo Membership level or above).
NOTE: A grandparent's signature will not be accepted for the Terms and Conditions. Terms and Conditions must be signed by the participant's parent or legal guardian.
NOTE: Zoo memberships are non-transferrable and cannot be used to register nieces, nephews, friends, neighbors, out-of-town guests, etc. Extended family members, friends, neighbors, and out-of-town guests must register themselves and their household members separately.
For online registration, you will need to be prepared with the following information:
- Zoo member’s Name, Address, Member Number, Member Level and Membership Expiration Date or Head of Household information if not a Zoo member.
- Contact phone number(s) and e-mail address.
- Each participant’s first and last name, birth date and/or grade level.
- Your calendar or selection of Zoo program(s) you would like to attend.
- Emergency contact names and phone numbers.
- Child’s medical conditions, special needs, allergies, special accommodations, medications.
- Credit card payment for online registration. Payment by check or Saint Louis Zoo gift card requires a mail-in registration form. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for the appropriate registration form(s).
When you are ready to register, select the appropriate program link for either Zoo Members or the General Public at the top of this page.
If you have never used the online registration process, the first thing you will do is create a logon account.
If you have already used the online registration process, you will be able to use your email address and password to logon. You will not have to recreate your logon account.
If you forget your password, you can request a "change password" link be emailed to the logon email address. The Education Department will not be able to give your password over the phone. If your address or contact information has changed since you last registered online, please call the Education Department at (314) 646-4544, #6 to update your account.
Once you have logged on, any program not shown as "sold out" will have at least one opening. If the program(s) are sold out, you may add yourself to the waiting list.
Once you get to the Payment/Verification page, you will be able to add additional participants, programs, or edit the programs you selected.
After you review your program selections, you must enter your credit card payment, agree to the Terms and Conditions, and click "Submit" to complete your registration.
After completing the checkout process, transfer and cancellation fees will apply if you need to change your registration.
For online registration, at the time of check out you will receive either:
- Immediate confirmation that your payment was processed and spaces are held.
- Notification that a session you selected is sold out with the option to choose another session.
The space(s) in the program(s) you have selected is not confirmed until you check out and receive your electronic confirmation. Please print the confirmation page for your records and close the window. This confirmation will also be automatically emailed to the email address entered at logon. If you do not see this e-mail in your inbox, please check your spam or junk mail folder as some e-mail systems send them to this folder instead of your inbox. Please add email@example.com to your contact list to help prevent this error.
By choosing to use our online registration process, you are helping to conserve paper and other resources. Your email confirmation will be the only notice you receive for your program. You will not receive one in the mail.
After you have completed an order and received your confirmation, you will not be able to re-open that order and make changes online. If you need to add family members to other programs you can create another registration order online. You will be able to logon using your email address and password, but you will need to re-enter the personal information for the participant you are registering. The system will not present you with this information.
All registrations will be reviewed by our staff. Follow-up email(s) will consist of one or more of the following:
- Registration Report to confirm the status of your programs
- Request for additional information or clarification
- Terms and Conditions Form (if needed) will need to be signed by each adult participant or by the parent of participants under the age of 18 years.
Your e-mail confirmation will be the only notice you receive for your program. You will not receive one in the mail. Please allow one to two business days for our staff to send a final confirmation/follow-up email to complete your online registration.
You will receive a Registration Report by email as a confirmation of your online registration. Please read each of your Registration Report(s) carefully for the following information:
- Confirmed program dates and times.
- Waiting list information if program sessions you selected were sold out.
If you do not see this email in your inbox, please check your spam or junk mail folder as some email systems send them to this folder instead of your inbox. Please add firstname.lastname@example.org to your contact list to help prevent this error.
During the processing of your mail-in form, you will be placed on the waiting list(s) if ALL of your session choices for a requested program are sold out. If you are placed on a waiting list, we will not process the payment for that program. If you are placed into one of your program session choices, you will NOT be placed on the waiting list for other sessions of the same program.
During online registration, you may add yourself or your family members to the waiting list(s) for sold out programs.
We will notify individuals on our waiting list if an opening occurs in the program. If you accept an opening, you will need to provide a credit card payment for the program.
Please notify the Education Department at least two weeks before the start day of the Camp/program session.
Cancellation fees apply as follows:
- Multiple-Day Camp Programs - Fee: $25
- Single-Day Camp and all other programs - Fee: $8
- Less than two weeks' notice - no refund
We are unable to issue refunds with less than two weeks' notice. Participants may not make up or receive a refund for missed programs. No exceptions will be made.
Transfers are subject to program availability and participant grade level or age.
Please notify the Education Department at least two weeks before the start day of the Camp/program session. Transfer fees apply and are due at the time of your request:
- Multiple-Day Camp Programs – Fee: $25
- Single-Day Camp and all other programs – Fee: $8
It is unlikely that transfers will be available with less than two weeks' notice.
Parking is available on the Zoo's North Lot on Government Drive and South Lot on Wells Drive for a fee. Zoo Members may choose to use their free parking benefits. Limited free parking is available on streets around the Zoo. Visit Parking & Directions for parking details and pricing.
Congestion on streets in Forest Park can cause a delay in your arrival time. Please plan extra time so that you arrive on time for your program.